Saturday, August 7, 2010

President's First Pay Check

It was big news when our President showed off his first pay check amount to no more than PHP 63,002.17 after deductions.



My reaction when I first heard the news was why is he showing this to us? Really? Did we need to know? But I guess it's part of his transparency. It's just sad because from what little I know about politics I believe that when you're in government you're not allowed to be part of any other private organization. I understand that it's due to the fact that you might have bias but really. I mean, this guy is working for us to make our country better and all we're paying him is a measly 60,000. Seriously. I believe that hard work should have pay commensurate to the amount of work that is expected of you. No wonder our past President didn't do much and actually made things worse for us. She wasn't really getting paid well...on paper.

Who decides what salary the President gets? They need to powow and do an assessment, give the guy a break. He deserves to be paid for everything we expect him to do.

But that's just my point of view...

No comments:

Post a Comment