Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My Take on Despicable Me! :)

I had been dying to watch this movie since first seeing it's trailer about a couple of months ago. It was too cute and well, I'm a sucker for cuteness. So the bu and I made sure we got to watch it as soon as it came out. So one Tuesday we went on a double date with Karla, my new friend, and her beau Gabo. :)

When I finally was able to see it, I wasn't that impressed. Ok, let me explain myself. I liked it, it was so so. I mean I have seen better and all that hype...it makes you have all these ideas in your head then bam...let down. Not good.

I liked Agnes, she really was what made the movie adorable. Her and the minions. But the story was a bit too dry for me. It was another one of those movies where you can already imagine the next scene...

I really hate it when the trailer is practically what the whole movie is about. It takes everything away from the movie. You've already seen the funny parts. You've already learned the funny lines. You've already laughed at the characters. It makes watching the movie feel like you're watching a re-run. And having to pay so much for a movie, it's a waste to pay for a re-run.

I would suggest watching this movie if you really have nothing else to watch. It's one of those movies you can just catch on DVD. Although, Gabo would beg to differ, apparently it is better to watch in 3D. I decided to catch it on 2D and it was nothing spectacular.

But that's just my point of view...

No comments:

Post a Comment